Apple launches two new iPhones, the 5.8-inch iPhone Xs and 6.5-inch iPhone Xs Max.
- Now offered in 5.8-inch and 6.5-inch size Super Retina displays.
- Introduce Gigabit-class LTE.
- New Dual SIM through the use of a nano-SIM and digital eSIM (coming in a later iOS update).
- New A12 Bionic six-core fusion architecture.
- Two performance cores are up to 15 percent faster.
- Four efficiency cores that are up to 50 percent more efficient.
- A four-core GPU that is up to 50 percent faster.
- Up to 512GB of storage (64GB & 256GB also available).
- Comes with new iOS 12.
- The next-generation Neural Engine for advanced machine learning in everything from photography to augmented reality
- Improved 12-megapixel dual camera.
- 60 percent greater dynamic range in HDR photos.
- iPhone Xs Max delivers over 3 million pixels with the largest ever display in a similar form factor to iPhone 8 Plus.
- Now available in gold in addition to space grey and silver.
- More durable glass on front and back.
- Faster wireless charging.
- Faster FaceID for Apple Pay, unlocks, etc.
When will it be available?
Pre-orders for iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max begin Friday, September 14th, with availability beginning Friday, September 21st.
How much will it cost?
The iPhone Xs starts at AU$1,629 for the 64GB model (AU$1,879 for the 256GB & AU$2,199 for the 512GB). The iPhone Xs Max starts at AU1,799 for the 64GB model (AU$2,049 for the 256GB & AU$2,369 for the 512GB).
iPhone Xs, Xs Max & Sr introduction
Image Source: Apple.