Amazon has announced that it will be making the Apple Music streaming service available on its range of speakers.
You will be able to request your Echo device to play individual songs, music by artist, playlists made by Apple Music’s editors, as well as curated genre based radio stations including Apple’s Beats 1.
To use Apple Music you will need to enable the skill in the Alexa app. The new skill will be available in time for Christmas on December 17th but it is currently unclear which regions beyond the US it will be available in at launch.
- Echo Dot (2nd Generation) – Smart speaker – US24.99
- All-new Echo Dot (3rd Gen) – Smart speaker with Alexa – US$29.99
- Echo (2nd Generation) – Smart speaker with Alexa – US$29.99
- All-new Echo Plus (2nd Gen) – Premium sound with built-in smart home hub – US$149.99
- Echo Dot Kids Edition, a smart speaker with Alexa for kids – US$49.99
- Echo Spot – Smart Display with Alexa – US$129.99
- All-new Echo Show (2nd Gen) – Premium sound and a vibrant 10.1” HD screen – US$229.99